How to set up Workplace Chat channel
You will need an administrator role in Workplace to perform this task.
This is how you configure Workplace Chat as a sending channel for Zelos.
To activate the channel the following setup steps are required:
- Create a custom integration in the Workplace admin panel.
- Copy the App ID, App Secret and Access Token and paste them in the according fields in Zelo.
- In Workplace, give the Zelo custom integration the required permissions.
- Test and activate the integration in Zelo
1: Create a custom integration in the Workplace admin panel
Log in to Workplace and go to the Admin Panel. Go to the integrations tab:
Under "Custom Integrations" click "Create Custom Integration":
Type "Zelo" as the name for the integration. This name will be displayed as the chat bot in Workplace. You can also give the integration a description to explain to the audience what the tool is:
2: Copy the integration details into Zelo
- App ID
- App Secret
- Access Token (create access token to find the value)
from Workplace into Zelo
3: Give permissions in Workplace
Check the following permissions for the integration:
- Read user email
- Message any member
4: Test the integration
Find your Workplace ID and paste it into the test field in Zelo. You can find it in the end of the URL to your own profile:
By pressing "Test" Zelo sends a message to your Workplace account. If you receive it, you are all set!